Monday, September 15, 2008
Hurricane Ike
Well, most of you know that my sisters and one of my brothers with their spouses and families live or did live in Galveston, Tx. Last Thursday my brother Ryan and his wife packed their TV, X-box and a few more belongings and headed to Alabama to visit us in case the Hurricane hit the Island. Anne and her kids headed to College Station with her in-laws which is about 4 hours away from Galveston. Her husband Jay had to stay behind and work in the ICU. Meredith went to Arkansas with her boyfriend and is staying with his family. Thank goodness she left as she almost stayed. Well, so far everyone is doing okay. Anne's house had 4-5 feet of water inside. A couple of homes on her street burned down from electrical fires. Her in-laws house has 1 foot of water in it still. We're not sure how Ryan and Natalie's apartment is yet. Anne is supposedly going to check out the damage tomorrow with Jay and then will most likely go North to Idaho and stay there until the power and water is back on. It has been a bit stressful for me worrying about my family and their homes. So far, they have been blessed with safety and their lives and that is the most important. I just thought I would give a little update on that. Thank you for your prayers and your concern.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
WoW! To close to home. I know I worry about you guys and my sister whenever I hear of a huricane going up the East coast. I'm glad your family is safe and we always have you in our prayers, just in case. You never no. I know I watched it on TV while I did my exercises. It looked scary and they haven't had one like this in over a hundred years. SCARY. We love you all and send our prayers to your family.
I would have emailed you, but it wasn't on your blogger profile... We're having a baby shower and need your address to send you an invite! :)
♥ Sydney
Leslie I'm so glad your siblings are okay. I hate weather disasters and I can't imagine having family near them. We miss you guys and are glad to see you are doing well.
I actually have been thinking about your sister since the hurricane. I remembered that she lived there. I didn't know the rest of your siblings were there too. I'm glad that they are all o.k. What a pain in the pants to have all of that to clean up. Uggh!! We'll seriously keep them in our prayers.
Girl.. You did not tell me that you had a blog! It was good to read and see what you have been doing! we sure miss you guys and wish that you lived closer!!!! Check ours out ~
Wow Scary stuff. Looks like you have been having alot of fun. cute little ladies you have. We will totally have to stay in contact via blog!!
Well I asked how everyone was on facebook, but I got the update on your blog. Glad everyone is okay, but there is still a lot to do before it is normal again I am sure. On a lighter note we also have a blog if you want to check it out. mcminnbunch.blogspot.com
Post a Comment